Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just Friends

I say I want to be friends
You agree, but I see the pain
Crossing your face for a moment
Before the smile shows up again
We spent so many days together
Hundreds of nights too
I loved someone else
But couldn’t give up on you
The years passed, we grew apart
While my heart never forgot
The way it felt to hold you
Hoping we never got caught
Life has a way of moving on
I've guess I've been happy enough
But all these years without you
To hold me, has been a little tough

You say you just want to be friends
I agree, there just isn’t that flame
I love our time together
But it just isn’t the same
As all the times I loved before
And felt that little spark
Whenever I was sitting close
To someone in the dark
Is there really something wrong
With loving you much stronger
Than the way I loved them way back then
If this love lasts so much longer?
The moments when I'm with you
Even more when we are apart
My mind is constantly on you
I love you with all of my heart
          5/24/12

No comments:

Post a Comment